Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Me encanta visitar!

SO I have made my first excursion outside these Spanish shores, all the way across the Mediterranean to Italia! I went to see ALMOST the entire Kane family (I missed Senor Kane by a day). It was WONDERFUL. It being my first time visiting somewhere else, I was surprised (not THAT surprised) when I didn't even come close to seeing everything I wanted to, but now at least I know, and I wont expect as much out of my other travels.

One really cool thing is that the day I got there it was the 150th anniversary of Italy, and the celebrations went all weekend. By cool I mean really inconvenient. But seriously, I got to see the Marathon of Rome, and it almost made me miss my flight and all that fun, but it was so nice to see the city like that - it makes the character just that much more interesting.

I saw some amazing Roman ruins (duh), ate more delicious pizza than one person should put in their body in a lifetime, much less three days, and had the best company I could ask for (well, maybe I shouldn't have spent that whole day walking around with Adam :) ). Sarah is studying in Rome for the semester, so she took us to get the "best gelato in the world" and I don't even know why that is in quotes because I'm pretty sure it was the best gelato in the world. She also has housing in the Jewish Ghet-to (Italians of course have to emphasize the t), and it took me until my last day to experience the "Jewish Bakery" that the whole family kept talking about.

Best lemon-flavored food item I have EVER eaten. Becca was lovely and gave me an extra cookie to take on the plane. Better than 5 euro packets of pretzels, am i right?

ANYWAY I managed to miss both the Sistine Chapel AND the Lacoon Group - but a threw a euro penny into Trevi Fountain so apparently that guarantees that I'll go back. Let's HOPE so!


aaand here's a lovely picture of a lady at the palantine.
And HERE'S how lovely the weather was (not that lovely - but makes for pretty pics!)

No comments:

Post a Comment